Very effective way to lose those extra pounds is consumption of low carb foods. The best way is to stay under 20 net carbs per day.
Foods with zero carbs are very limited, unlike foods that have low carbs. According to USDA standards food that have less than one carb per serving are listed as zero carb food.
Here is the list of foods with zero carbs:
- Cow beef and veal
- Fowl – turkey, chicken, duck, goose, cornish hen, quail, etc.
- Seafood – mollusks such as clams and oysters
- Seafood – shellfish such as lobster, shrimp, squid, and crab
- Seafood – all other types of freshwater and saltwater fish, such as catfish, bass, salmon, tuna, trout, flounder, halibut
- Game meats such as deer (venison), bison, ostrich, caribou, etc.
- Organs of animals, such as heart, tongue, kidneys, brain, liver, etc.
Be aware that processed meats such as sausages. hot dogs, etc. can have hidden carbs due to their additives. Be sure to check the packaging.
- Various oils such as olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil
- Whole olives
- Ground cinnamon
- Many hot sauces
- Mixed seasonings, such as Mrs. Dash
- Yellow mustard
- Animal fats including lard and fish oil
- Vegetable shortening
- Butter substitutes like margarine
- Cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Muenster cheese
- Camembert cheese
- American pasteurized processed cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Regular mayonnaise
- Zero-carb beverages such as sodas
- Butterhead lettuce
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dry gelatin
- Gin, rum, vodka, whiskey
- Water, coffee, and tea if nothing is added
With this list you stock your kitchen with low-carb foods which with help you with the weight loss process.