Easy Low Carb Peanut Butter Pecan Bars – Best Weight Loss Program
These low carb high fat Peanut Butter Pecan Bars are healthy, really easy to make, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! They are made with real ingredients, and much better for you than store-bought low carb bars.
You could substitute the pecans for other nuts, but you’ll need to adjust your carb count if you do. Pecans are the lowest carb, highest fat nut – with walnuts pulling a close second.
You can make them with crushed pecans (above), pecan halves (below), or pecan pieces. They turn out great no matter what you use. It’s such a simple recipe that you can get creative and use it to make all sorts of delicious low carb bars & fudges!
- 1/2 Cup Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 2 Cups Pecans
You can cut down the carb count by using half the amount of pecans I used in this batch. I typically use 1/4 cup of pecans per bar, and I make them in 4 large 2-serving bars.
I decided to “double the nuts” today, but you’ll want to make sure you enter your recipe based on the exact amounts you use – and also double check your own labels.
I use the Free Recipe Nutrition Calculator at MyFitnessPal.
Here’s what my “double nut” low carb peanut butter pecan bars look like today:
As you can see, they are large and nutty. Half of one bar is a serving.
They are 3 net carbs per serving, and 91% healthy fats.
(Or 6 net carbs for an entire bar, shown above.)
- Measure out your pecans into 4 individual dishes: 1/2 cup pecans per dish. I used smaller plastic food storage containers.
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup peanut butter. I used a large glass measuring cup with a pour spout, so I could mix and pour easily.
- Warm it up in the microwave just enough to melt both so you can stir it together well. I heat for 25 seconds and stir, then another 25 seconds until it’s creamy and smooth. Add in vanilla extract and sugar free vanilla syrup. Mix well.
- You should have about 1 cup of the peanut butter / coconut oil mixture in your measuring cup. Measure out 1/4 of the mixture over each of the 4 pecan dishes. Stir it just a bit to make sure all of the nuts are covered by the mixture, then put them in the refrigerator to set up.
That’s it! They set up pretty fast. Enjoy!!
Source: http://www.travelinglowcarb.comhttp://herbalhouse365.com/2017/11/04/easy-low-carb-peanut-butter-pecan-bars-best-weight-loss-program/https://i1.wp.com/herbalhouse365.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Easy-Low-Carb-Peanut-Butter-Pecan-Bars-–-Best-Weight-Loss-Program.png?fit=666%2C445https://i1.wp.com/herbalhouse365.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Easy-Low-Carb-Peanut-Butter-Pecan-Bars-–-Best-Weight-Loss-Program.png?resize=150%2C150BEAUTYGENERALHEALTH & FITNESSRECIPES